What is a donor-advised fund?
A DAF is a charitable giving account designed exclusively to invest, grow, and give assets to charities for meaningful and lasting impact. Here's how it works: You donate assets into a DAF and recommend how those assets should be invested. Your contribution is tax deductible and the assets in the DAF grow tax-free. When you're ready, recommend a grant to a charity you care about, and we take care of the rest. Some people call it a giving vehicle. Others call it a philanthropic fund. We call it the most convenient, tax-efficient way to give back.
The Vanguard Charitable Advantage
Unparalleled service. Industry-low fees. Trusted Vanguard investments. These are just a few of the Vanguard Charitable advantages. While giving through a DAF carries its own benefits, working with us means working with an industry leader. Combining the two provides the confidence you want, with investment options you trust, and the convenience you've come to expect. Giving through a Vanguard Charitable DAF makes your giving go further.
- Lower all-in fee ensures donations make the greatest impact
- Vanguard-backed at-cost investments
- Tiered fee schedules
- When Vanguard lowers fees, we pass that savings on to your DAF
- Investments span the risk spectrum and offer a range of exposures
- Legacy planning options
- Optional anonymity for granting
- Manage account online
- Consolidated charitable giving makes tax time easier
- Charity due diligence and admin tasks are off your plate
- 24/7 online access to your account
- Ability to set recurring grant schedules
- Here when you need us
- We accept a variety of complex assets
- You recommend, we make it happen
- Accounts $1M and above enjoy access to a dedicated team